Friday, July 23, 2010

Art Expo..Take V Final Exhibit (for this week anyway)

My First Bob Ross

   I took art lessons for many years to study different media and technique. Here I am with my first attempt at Bob Ross landscape technique. Using pallet and pallet knife as well as special brushes, oil paints are applied with fluidity and form. This is a piece of shore with rocky cliffs in the distance. Delicate sun strokes share the sky with wispy clouds. I did only a few Bob Ross paintings,,I think oils are fussy and hard to work with..but I do love the ones my dear art teacher encouraged me to complete.

   This concludes my week on the family blog..hope you enjoyed my visit. You never know, I may just pop in again. Until then...enjoy the beauty of art that is all around you.

simplynrae

No comments: