Monday, May 28, 2012

Weekend Up-To's

   My weekend was a full one; so much to do and only so much time. Gardens were weeded and mulched; produce was harvested and now awaits preserving; stalls were cleaned...it was a busy weekend. Unfortunately it seems, I have come down with a nasty cough and cold which, of course, I do not have time for.
   The only good thing about having the cold is it has forced me to really put some concentrated time into this quilt...I am down to one more turn and then it will come off the frame for binding. It's exciting to be nearly finished.
  
   Farm boy took over the kitchen and worked up a wonderful barbeque sauce- made in the slow cooker with fresh tomatoes, peppers and spices. It tasted absolutely wonderful on some grilled burgers!
   Finally, some whittling was done. Tiny wooden wildflowers made from slender oak limbs now grace my kitchen table (right alongside dozens of tomatoes).

   What kept you busy this weekend?



No comments: