Thursday, July 22, 2010

Art Expo...Take IV

Country Girls

   My mom requested some simple sketch work depicting our family. The first one is a pencil sketch of the three of us..country girls..in our typical attire..capturing things about us that most people seem to remember. For example..I have on my cowgirl hat and faded jeans..my long hair is braided down my back and in my hands is my lead rope- used for leading in equine therapy and in training Scout. Mom is wearing a long denim skirt and her rounded farm hat..her long hair is braided with the full length hidden by her basket of eggs. My sister is wearing her best farm overalls with a kinky-curly braid bouncing from under her hat and she carries a bundle of fresh herbs from her herb garden. She was very pleased with my version of us farm girls.

simplynrae

No comments: