Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Oh, How She Grows...


   The spring has been short lived; weather here tops in the upper eighties. Already dry soil begs for rain causing daily watering to be necessary. In faith we wait and watch; before our eyes she grows.

Sweet Juliette grape tomatoes just starting to blush in the sunshine,
While plump Beafsteaks are taking their time.
Daylillies in bloom;
Little squash stretches for more room.
Just look at those peppers!

   Despite the warmth and the dry wind tiny seeds sprout, stems strengthen, and blossoms burst forth. In faith, yes faith, we exclaim, "Oh, how she grows!"
 garden link up

3 comments:

Mrs. Farmer said...

TOMATOES?!?! In APRIL!?! And daylillies?!?!

I can't even plant my tomatoes for 3 weeks, and my lillies are barely knee high! They won't bloom until July!

(I need to live whereever you are...)

Unknown said...

:) You must be up...I am a Gulf Coast Region gardener.

Anonymous said...

I'm drooling over your tomatoes and squash already :)