Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Must Be Loosing My Mind...

   Early morning sun filtered through the multicolored leaves. Their gentle rustling drew my attention to their beautiful colors as I made my way back from the buck pen; morning feeding chores were complete. Nearing the stalls, I noticed a commotion in the hay rack.
   Seeing a large brown body stirring around the second level shelf of hay, I leaned in to see a circling mess making situation. Aggravated - I had not had my coffee yet - I called from the entrance Hadassah, get out of there..what are you doing? She didn't even acknowledge my presence. Hadassah, come down from there right now! Have you lost your mind? My aggravation was rising to an unhealthy level. Hadassah! 
   Feeling a nudge at my knee, I looked down to see....
   Uh, whoops! Hadassah? If you are here...who is in the hay? Can you just imagine my shock? What on earth? Upon further inspection I discovered...
   It was a rather large auracana hen stirring around in the hay bales..not our dog. With a hearty shake of my head Hadassah and I made our way back to the house. Looking down at her sheepish demeanor I couldn't help but ask..so, what have you done that I haven't discovered yet?
   She's not talking!
 



No comments: