1. We both served in the military at the same time, but didn't know each other then. After coming back home only a week apart, we met.
2. He came to my house on a church visitation to invite me to Sunday school..uhm, I haven't missed a day since.
3. I love coffee..he loves Coca Cola. In all honesty..he can't stand the taste of coffee. How funny is that?
4. Our engagement lasted a week. He asked Monday; we married Saturday. Simple and sweet..an outdoor wedding.
5. A trip to the feed co-op together is our alone time. This is where all the serious conversations happen.
6. Once a year we go out to a restaurant for dinner; either my birthday or our anniversary.
7. We face each day as it comes..the challenges and joys each in their time...and we have seen plenty of both.
8. We each have grandparents who owned large family farms; our favorite places when we were kids.
9. Strangely enough, we neither one are social butterflies..shut the gate, we'd rather be at home.
10. Homesteading is my thing. Many people believe the farm set up is my husband's plan and I do the work..nope. He graciously allows me this crazy, wild homestead madness...I think he enjoys the outcome.
11. Submission is a virtue we value. Without yielding of our strong personalities (we both have one) this marriage would never have worked.
12. He loves my ridiculously long hair.
13. I love his bushy mustache.
14. Church is not optional...we go, kids go..if you're sick you better prove it..otherwise get in the car.
15. Our family is a priority over all other matters.
16. He loves a specific cookie recipe..I have made it for 20 years.
17. We both have a rather warped sense of humor..it can be quite interesting.
18. He was my mixed martial arts coach when I was a teen...we didn't know it until after we were married and looking at old photo albums.
19. We never consider divorce...murder, maybe..but never divorce.
20. Twenty more years...we both agree..challenge accepted.