Friday, June 10, 2016

My Thought on the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker)


I have always found pressure cookers a bit intimidating- which is funny, since I use a pressure canner. Go figure. Anyway, a recent sale online prompted me to look deeper into the 'Instant Pot' cooker. Many wonderful responses came from all over the web- friends far and near encouraged me to jump on the boat and grab one up... so I did.

Five months of eyeing it warily as it sat in the box in the corner of the kitchen and I just now mustered the courage to use it. The verdict is in- I love it! Simple instructions and a plethora of available recipes on the internet have made this a counter top staple.

What have I used it for?

*whole chicken
*whole roast
*bone broth
*soup
*frozen chicken pieces

How amazing is it to pull something together in half an hour?

This particular pressure cooker can be used as a slow cooker or even a rice cooker- one of the reasons I chose this brand. The preprogramed timers do work nice, however, I often manually adjust to cook a bit longer if the cuts of meat are tougher.

Overall, I love mine- no I am not getting paid for this- just sharing my experience using it to get whole food on the table in reasonable time. Did I mention I made chicken soup for a sick relative in 30 minutes using a frozen chicken? Let me just say- for me, it has been well worth the investment!

Share your experiences!!! and Recipes...:)


No comments: