Monday, March 26, 2012

One from the Archives: Ice Cream - of course!




We have had a little warm up in our neck of the woods. Weather has been warm and breezy - just right in my kids' mind for some ice cream. Why not? So. I have a kitchen aid mixer with an ice cream attachment bowl. I makes only a little - and does take the fun out of cranking and ice-crushing ( ya'll remember that from your childhood don't ya?). In the past we have made - and often still do - the delightful old-fashioned crank it ice cream version. . it is wonderful and very much worth the wait, however, this is small, simple and quick. The entire process takes about 30 minutes and soft serve is ready. The result---rich and creamy home-made vanilla!!!!


I also took the time to ready up a batch of yogurt. Got myself a little carries away and ended up with 7 quarts! Wow - who does that? The kids say - time for frozen yogurt -- teens, gotta love em!!!



5 comments:

Intentional Living Homestead said...

I need to get myself an ice-cream maker.

HIBISCUS HOUSE said...

Love your post and I also have that attachment and really like using it. It is easier isn't it?
Dolly

Unknown said...

I was skeptical of the ice cream maker at first, but it has really grown on me.
The old stand by traditional still resides in the barn- and is used on special occasions!

Michelle said...

I will have to get the ice cream attachment. We eat a lot of ice cream in the summer so this would save us a lot of money.

Savories of life said...

want to try!