Tuesday, February 28, 2012

"Now I See"



A moment....a torn random scrap of paper....a borrowed pencil....a moving sermon....an outpouring from within. Simple, to the point...
This is the rough pencil sketch of an original charcoal drawing from the hand of my oldest daughter. A reflection of the cross...an eye...moved to tears...touched deeply... grieving the cost of sin..the price...realization of who we are in light of it. She drafted during a sermon (yes, her Dad's) on a scrap of paper she found in her Bible.

Raising teens is hard..period..sometimes you just don't know how you're going to get through the next five minutes..much less the rest of the day. Things get intense - emotions run high - sometimes your heart just breaks and no one seems to realize it. And then..when you least expect it..a glimpse..a moment...a reminder..right when you need it.

Today, I needed this...a peak at her easel...a touch from inside...encouragement for this moment..Thank you, Heavenly Father...You saw my need and gave me...a moment.




***This is a repost from 2010. I came across this piece of paper today while cleaning up the study and my heart was moved once again. Amazing how our emotions stir with just a little thing as this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's a really neat & touching sketch. Nrae is so creative.
-Butterfly