Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Shhhhh....

It's time for a quiet day......


   The boys headed off this morning for a two day hunting trip. Chores are done. House is picked up. Now it's time for quiet. The girls and I are taking a slow day; a day for sipping coffee and chatting. Yes, things will get done; meals and chores and such...but slower. Handwork will be done sprinkled with laughter and conversation. Light meals will be shared dotted with plan making and a game (Farmopoly anyone?). A walk with the dogs will lend itself to pondering and wanderings. We will snuggle down in our little farmhouse with a movie, stove top popcorn and cocoa. Shhhh....it's time for a quiet day.


simplychele

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww how sweet!! I can't wait :)
luv ya momma,
Simply Jen

Rachel Willow'z Design said...

I had that yesterday. I refused to do anything lol. I just wanted to rest and not move. 4 days of opening gifts, driving, and visiting wore me out. I am however extremely thankful that my family was able to be together. My grandfather has cancer and we don't know how long he will be with us so it was great being with him. He makes the best popovers. I still have to celebrate Christmas with my mom's side of the family, but we are waiting until January 8. It will be a hard Christmas there. My aunt passed away this past September so it will be hard celebrating without her.

simplychele said...

Rachel, we have had several family members pass away in the last few years..it does make the holidays hard. My grandfather also has cancer (though cancer free right now). We made recipes in memory of those we love who are gone and enjoyed my grandfather's handmade carmels again with him. I will pray for your upcoming celebrations.