Friday, January 27, 2012

Oh How I Love It!



   I finally did it; broke down and bought a food mill. Why it has taken me so long I'll never know, but I'm so glad I did. Sauces and purees are so much easier now!
   Just a standard stainless steel everyday mill with three blade options for fine to coarse milling but my how easy it is. Fitted over a sauce pan, stock pot, or large bowl is convenient and saves on dish washing. Food is placed in the mill, a few turns of the handle and viola! Sauce!
   We have used it for fruit butters, enchilada sauce, barbeque sauce and tomato sauce with excellent results. You may ask, why not an electric one? Well, I wasn't ready to go that far yet...this one seems just right. Besides, who couldn't use a little extra work out on that upper body?

No comments: