1. Drying...sprigs of tea tree are bunched and hung to dry in open air out of direct light. Be aware, it does lighten a bit in color..and shed when jostled. Once dry, I store them in airtight jars.
2. Vinegar...sprigs are snipped and placed in a jar, covered with vinegar, and sealed with a tight fitting lid. Left a few weeks, the strained vinegar is excellent for cleaning and healing purposes. To make a stronger solution..simply repeat the process several times with the same vinegar.
3. Sachet...fresh or dry sprigs are placed in cloth pouches and placed in closets, pantries, and storage tubs to keep bugs at bay while adding a fresh scent.
4. Oil...added to warm grape seed oil, tea tree will release precious oils making a wonderful addition to soaps and skin treatments.
5. Compost..spent sprigs are tossed under plants and into the compost bin lending their qualities to the soil.
What about you? Do you have any tea tree uses to share with us today?