Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Things I Never Do, But Did

   A day away to do things I never do..that's what today has been.
First there was a morning workout with this farm girl.
She has discovered Zumba.
I came; I grooved; I'm done.
Not sure Zumba was ready for me
(or that I was ready for Zumba).
And, no..pictures were NOT allowed!
There was a stroll through a shopping center.
The wares and wonders of Market Street were a sight to see.
We came; we rolled on the floor laughing; we didn't buy anything.
Really, who spends that much on shorts
that really don't cover anything?
One store sparked a hint of interest.
Only because it had some cast iron ware
and pizza peels.
And these totally wacky spatulas.
There was salad..not grown in my yard..in dressing I didn't make.
I haven't had that in a while..it was yummy.
The salad was accompanied by a calizone
baked in a stone oven
with real fire
awesome!
My girl treated me to coffee.
Again, not made by me..
but tasty.
 Wait..best part..
sharing cheesecake
right before returning home
and shutting the gate
as I retreat to my familiar place
of comfort and home.
 

2 comments:

Dicky Bird said...

Sounds like you had a fun day! I KNOW zumba isn't ready for me either....my daughter does this as well. I know what you mean - nice to go, but even nicer to go home. I'm a homebody too. Blessings from Wisconsin.

Michelle said...

Sounds like a great day. I love days when me and my girl friends can get together for a road trip or just a day together. But with summer, they are really rare. Most of us have gardens and animal. That pretty much takes up the summer.