Friday, August 24, 2012

We...

We spent the afternoon
in the garden pulling weeds...
Is it just me, or do weeds the size of a full grown adult seem to appear overnight? Any attempts to remove them can and will be a great feat of strength and determination.
in the barn wrangling 'kids'...
Quite mind boggling how one goat can continually get its head stuck in the fence in the exact same place three minutes after you unstick it. Only slightly more aggravating than the three who have managed to learn the fine art of fence jumping. Never a dull moment.

 in the kitchen making these..
Peanut butter cookies are an excellent reward for such ridiculous antics as we have faced today. Cup of coffee and your treat is complete (by the way, farm boy detests coffee..he prefers orange juice..can I get a 'yuck'?)
 Now..while the farm boy when out to run the mower over the strip of grass by the front door I stirred up some chocolate chip cookies...yes, the coveted family cookie recipe. 
He walks in and asks -are these the right cookies? 
Excuse me. 
You didn't mess with them did you? 
What are you taking about..
Did you make them the right way...with the real recipe? as he taps the recipe on the wall.
Yes, I made them by 'the recipe'.

He was skeptical until they came out of the oven and were sampled.
Seal of approval...the chocolate on his lips.
That is what happens
when
we
....


Peanut butter cookie recipe can be found here.

Grandmuzzy's Toll House Cookies

cream together:
1 1/3 cup shortening
1 1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
stir in:
4 eggs
add:
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons salt
work in:
1 cup chocolate chips (we add way more!)
then:
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 1/4 cup flour

Drop by spoonfuls onto lightly greased baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
They freeze well.

When I 'mess them up' I often am adding:
peanut butter
oatmeal
peanut butter chips
and, heaven forbid:
flax meal and wheat flour (in place of the white)
but only when I really feel like messing with them.
Despite the complaints..they all get eaten:)


3 comments:

Becky said...

Yes - weeds that size do pop up overnight. I have several that need pulling in our garden too. I guess they'll wait 'til next week, though I dread the size they will reach by then. :D

Keli Martin said...

Oh Yummmm! We just made some chocolate chip cookies the other day too :) They don't last long in this household ... mostly because of me *chuckles*

Unknown said...

Oh, Keli..I hear ya!