Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Beautifully Atop a Tree

   
   Once upon a Christmas tree there was a delicate filet angel- beautifully handmade. Fine white crochet thread intricately worked with skilled hands form the long skirt, frilled bodice and lacy wings of a heavenly vision. Silken floss is carefully stitched displaying delicate lashes; her mouth open wide to sing hymns of praise. Golden thread encircles her halo that sits just above her rows of loopy curls; all painstakingly made one stitch at a time.
   Today as I worked to clean up the mess of a broken water pipe, the ten inch lacy angel peeked at me from her perch atop my amour. Her vision reminded me of tall trees decorated with soft white lights and golden shining balls; of snowy tree skirts and brightly wrapped gifts. Trees from long, long ago.
   This beautiful treasure was hand made by my mother and adorned her tree for many many years before it came to rest on mine. Our tree usually displays a star on top..to remind us of the one guiding wise men seeking the Savior..now it holds an angel..one to announce His coming, to proclaim His name, and tell of His birth.
   Due to her delicate beauty, she is never stored away with the other baubles and things..she rests there in my room..never far away..always nearby. In the midst of my troublesome evening..she made me stop and ponder a moment..to remember those things of long ago.

4 comments:

Clint Baker said...

She is very beautiful! I hope you have a blessed Christmas!

Dicky Bird said...

Nice memories and a guardian angel...

Jenny said...

Hello clomt and dicky bird...thank you for warm and kind comments..have a wonderful day.

Michelle said...

She is lovely. The things from our mothers are so priceless.