The sum of ordinary days finds us on our knees. Prayers these days are simply unintelligible groans. In the midst of cold, cloudy drizzle I decided to stroll around the farm, breath in the moist air, and look for something to lighten my heart. Found it. A beautiful sun blush rose blossom- blooming in spite of it all.
In spite of:
* tragedy in every news report
* a schedule that just won't settle down
* the pre-graduation crazy
* ucky weather dull, dreary and cold
* difficult issues beyond our control
It puzzled me. Can we bloom in spite of it all? The past few weeks have brought some difficult, even distressing, situations to my door. Situations that needed compassion, carefully thought out words, and some needed tough love and guidance. Can they bloom?
In spite of:
* every bad thing we cannot change
* tears that cannot be stopped
* that 'spinning your wheels going no where' feeling
* the deep need for a 'revelation'..a sense of direction
Yes, they can. We can. Choices are made by all and the consequences are felt by many. This week devastating choices shake us to the very core of our being. Tragedy and gloom seems ready to overtake us. In the midst of the darkness is a glimmer of light. We are all sinners..some saved by grace through our Lord Jesus Christ..some yet to make that decision. When God is your Gardener....you can bloom..in spite of it all. Take time with me today to look for the blossoms of hope in the midst of such dark times. If we look, we will find them.