In case you hadn't guessed, a little one now lives here on the homestead- our grandbaby and her mamma. Recently the poor thing suffered a nasty case of sinus and ear infections; keeping us up several nights on end.
I have learned ten things during this experience:
1. You never forget how to bounce, rock and walk.
2. Babies can function on amazingly little sleep.
3. Adults can not.
4. You can, surprisingly, make it through a day and have no idea how you managed.
5. Coffee is vital.
6. Men can cook; it may be scrambled eggs, but they can cook.
7. Laundry is like mint- it will take over.
8. Recliners should come with every crib.
9. Protective dogs will tear up a screen door when 'their' baby cries.
10. This too shall pass.
I find it funny that all these things were true back when my babies were babies- and they are still holding strong now that there is a grandbaby in the picture.
Here's to coffee and Tiger Balm.
I thing my back has a kink in it.