Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Harvest In Spite of Myself


Weekends.. despite my best intentions, they often do not include enough time in my gardens. Recently, the weekends found me struggling to play catch up with all the chores I didn't get to during the week. The Lord's mercy offered plenty of good rain and sunshine, allowing the garden to grow in spite of my absence. 

So far this winter I have managed to harvest kale, peas, carrots, onions, broccoli, lettuce, spinach, cabbage and cauliflower along with a plethora of herbs. Amazing!

The days are lengthening and warming causing the garden to call out for attention. This weekend I managed some cleaning and weeding along with setting a few purchased transplants of broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage. While transplants are usually started in my greenhouse, the time got away from me- so purchased transplants it is. 

My new resolve is to change not only my weekend gardening routine, but to also find some time during the week. Fortunately, little Miss K loves being in the garden... even more incentive! 

Here is to a new garden season and the possibilities ahead!

No comments: