Wednesday, July 28, 2010

WIP Wednesday...

Grandmother's Fans

   This little beauty is nearly complete...all hand appliqued and hand quilted with decorative fan designs. Not seen here, this quilt has a soft print chocolate border all around giving it a pretty framework. The back is butter yellow cotton..soft and soothing. Though it is small, the hand work took me longer that I had hoped- this in part, because we had summer activities which limited my table time. I am trying to decide whether to add a prairie point border, a scallop edge, or simply leave it straight. Maybe you could help me decide..leave me a comment and share your thoughts.
   As for Simply Pooh, this sweet baby quilt is on the way to its new home in Illinois. Simply Pooh, Too is complete and will be listed in our shop today. This quilt has the same dimensions as the first Pooh quilt, yet is has a dark blue binding on the edges.
   Simplyjen is working on a new filet crochet with a cross motif. Pretty and lacy, the white thread will be beautiful when displayed on a dark wood surface. Filet work is also lovely when matted and framed for a wall hanging. I personally can't wait to see this finished.
   Simplynrae has been developing some beautiful artwork involving Scout- her four year old horse.  He is so full of personality- it makes him a perfect subject!
   Back to the sewing table for me, I really wanted to finish the fan quilt before our mission trip- remember- I welcome your ideas on the finishing touch for this quilt. Thanks for stopping by today..we are so glad you came to visit.

simplychele

No comments: