1. "Own it." Basically, the point here is - you made a choice, admit it and face the consequences that come.
2. "On task." Here is my - get your attention - phrase (i.e. for teens - put your phone down and work).
3. "Focus, focus, focus." This means - you know the answer/how to do this - put your mind to it and drop the excuses.
4. "Don't drive like a nut." ..the long version is..keep the music down, eyes on the road, phone in the purse, watch your speed, keep an eye out for weirdo's.
5. "You're gonna miss this." My little reminder that you may roll your eyes now, but someday this will be a memory and you will long for it.
6. "Hey, we're still married." When they groan about mom and dad huggin' and a kissin' I remind them not all teens are blessed with both parents in the home.
7. "Because I love you." In the midst of a heated meeting of the minds, we all need reminded that these battles happen out of love.
Time and time again they come into our day; the little phrases that seem so small but mean so much. The funny part is, one day, some of these will be there phrases, too. I am going to love that, but for now..I'll just enjoy driving them nuts for a little while longer.