Monday, September 2, 2013

The Seven Sayings that Make My Husband Make That Face


Even the cat knows what those phrases mean!
    It's no secret; my husband is the 'rock' in our family. Serious and analytical, he is known for slow decision making and detailed plan making. I, however, am not. In our house there are two approaches to every situation and you never know which one will play out first.
    Needless to say, I am the dreamer..the 'pull something together out of nothing'...try and see what happens type. I tend to envision something and jump right in, leaving my 'plan and consider' husband making 'that face'. Before I dive into the project I take the time to share my ideas with my man...and he often shares a particular expression with me.
    All I have to say is:

1. I have been thinking...

2. Last night I woke up with this idea...

3. Don't make a face until I finish explaining...

4. It won't cost anything because we can use whatever we have....

5. How much would it cost to....

6. If you look at it this way it isn't so bad...

7. I can fix it....
   
    This weekend alone I saw 'that face' half a dozen times as we cleaned the garden and plotted new vegetable rows- laughing the entire time because he knew this post was in the works. Sometimes my crazy ideas result in productive means, but more often than not that face he makes was well justified because he had to bail me out and redo it.
    Here's to love, laughter, creativity..and 'that face'. 

1 comment:

Dicky Bird said...

boy, does this sound familiar!